Winter Edition - CROKINOLE
Enjoy a round of games, make some new friends, and meet some old ones! This league begins on the 26th of January, and goes on for eight weeks, every Thursday at 5 pm. Your game board and your favorite drink will be ready and waiting!
Did you know? - The first known crokinole board was created by Eckhardt Wettlaufer, a resident of Perth County in southwestern Ontario in the year 1875 as a gift for his five-year old son. Still played all across Canada and USA, as well as the other parts of the world, this game provides ample entertainment for those cold winter days when you want to stay indoors with a nice glass of wine or cocktail.
Spots are limited, but the fun is plenty!!
Terms and Conditions
- By registering, the registrants agree to attend all scheduled games. If the need to cancel arises, the registrants agree to contact the organizers at least 48 hours before the scheduled game time. The registrants understand that cancellation by a team will result in the game being forfeited to the other team.
- The registrants agree to pay a cover charge of $100 per team for participating in this league - and understand that they will receive drink tickets / gift card of equal value in exchange. The registrants also understand that these drink tickets / gift cards can only be used during the league hours, and may be invalid after the league's scheduled end date. They also agree that cancelling and/or not showing up for more than TWO games will result in full forfeiture of this amount.
- The registrants understand that although there will be winners declared at the end of the league, this is a Social League. IN CASE OF A DISAGREEMENT, WE AGREE TO ACCEPT THE ORGANIZERS DECISIONS AS FINAL. All participating teams will be assigned any of the available games, and may be required to play up to a maximum of four games in a night. Winners will be chosen based upon the total number of wins at the end of the season.
- The registrants understand that participation in the Wine & Beer Garden Social League could include risk of injury or other hazards. The registrants also understand that any social activity increases their risk of contracting COVID-19 (or other communicable diseases) and agree that Niagara College Learning Enterprises Corp. is following all governmental and regional policies to keep attendees and employees safe. The registrants acknowledge these risks and release Niagara College Learning Enterprises Corp. from all liability, costs, and damages that could arise from participation in these events.
- Please note that if government regulations regarding COVID-19 change in such a way that prevents the league from complying, the league will be cancelled.